Worried about being sick...tips...
First of all this virus can get someone sick - so be prepared.
Second, it is like a bad flu - but the incubation period can vary. I read on average 5 days.
Mild symptoms can be serious for others (maybe not yourself so much if you are healthy). If you have mild symptoms of what might be this coronavirus - stay home. Don't go out and spread it around.
(Mercola's website - symptoms:
Read up more at this link: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/02/04/novel-coronavirus.aspx
OK, we hope this article was helpful above.
Now what to do to stay well?
Sounds like from above article children are less likely to get this - so we should make sure our elderly are being cared for and make sure they are staying inside or away from crowds as much as possible.
If you are like me- well middle age - then your immune system might be just "down" thinking about this stuff.
Here's a few tips:
1. Don't panic - golly buying out toilet paper is kind of silly.
2. Don't panic again - stay calm stop reading all the news - anyone who has gloom and doom on my Facebook feed - I am putting down "unfollow" for the next 30 days.
3. Think positive thoughts - "I am well, I am fine, I am energetic, I am going to live through this." If you say this to yourself 10 times a day or more - you will get through this a lot better than gloom and doom thoughts.
4. Stock up on what's important to you - feel like you would not have to shop for the next 30 days - then go get groceries for the month - that seems like a reasonable idea if you like.
5. Buy items that make sense, hand sanitizer, wipes, diapers (if you have a baby), soaps, candles, batteries (golly might need that), etc.
6. Take vitamins -Vitamin C is good for any kind of health issue. Garlic supplements, sinus supplement, etc.
7. Take Elderberry syrup. I am going to be making my own soon!
By the way I am hosting an herbal class online soon - and right now - I am going to offer anyone reading this post half off - instead of the $99 I was going to charge - it is now $49.95 for the class - Email email@example.com and tell us 50-OFFHerb class - you can learn to make your own things in the course. I am going to extend enrollment out through March 20th - however if you sign up today - you get in today - I will be posting new videos in the classroom as part of the special event. This is a six module class over 6 weeks - but you can do it faster if you like. The class covers fertility herbs, pregnancy herbs, how to make herbal things, to postpartum herbs.
Last but not least- 8. Just stay calm and pray. Prayers can help any disease go away - I truly believe this. One of my friend's had bacterial meningitis and our whole parish prayed for her healing - she won out and beat it. Thank God - He must have had other plans for this wonderful woman. I really believe in the power of prayer. So, ask God to bless your community and to keep it free from disease.
9. Also, I personally recommend - stop traveling outside USA. Also, boycott China made products - this is probably hard to do - but we should try to boycott as much of their junk as possible. They start these diseases and never get punished for it - we need to show China we don't rely on them! We should also write the President or Congress to stop travel . This would have spread less if travel had stopped - so all I can suggest is if you can not travel - then don't. I understand if someone has a job, work, etc. See if you can work from home some too.
Anyway, let's just pray for our nation now - thanks!
See our next post about an online conference!!
Comments are closed.
Juliana Larsen is the author of the Catholic Doula Blog.