1. The fields are very similar - no surprise here - becoming a childbirth educator can give you more knowledge as a doula and you can potentially make more money too. Imagine offering a doula and childbirth educator combo package!
2. Flexible hours - As a childbirth educator, you are NOT "on call" and you can choose the days or evenings you want to teach a class or even an online class. I prefer to teach online! I have parent classes listed on our Catholic Doula site.
3. Your "prenatals" as a doula should not be a childbirth class series; so if the couple you are working with has little or no knowledge than they will enjoy the fuller CBE series once you have training. We have the Magnificat childbirth educator training - click here for info!
4. Your clients can overlap - pretty much already mentioned this above - offering a package deal can help clients choose you over a childbirth class at the hospital! Plus, you can show your clients neat and new fun techniques that they may not get at a hospital class.
5. So, do you want to enroll as a Magnificat Childbirth Educator? Go here to signup! We maybe doing a special deal thru February on this class check the page!
Juliana Larsen is the author of the Catholic Doula Blog.