Do you have the winter blues?
We get out not enough in the winter time. Many of us esp. moms are stay at home and keep inside all day long. Or if you get out it is only to pickup your kids from school, etc.
So, you might become blue - or slightly depressed.
Here are some tips to help you start feeling better:
1. Get some sun! Even if it is opening that window on a cold blustery day!
2. Take Vitamin D supplement - (ok I am not your doctor -just a suggestion). Vitamin D is kind of the day time melatonin - your body needs Vitamin D to keep your moods better!
3.Eat healing foods. If you are wanting to get eating and cooking - we now have a "sister" site at The Kitchen Doula Academy - fun nutritional classes and cooking section coming soon! Learn about the 7 foundations of nutrition and foods! The classes can be taken by mamas and doulas too. Check out that website here.
4. Remember to take time for self-care - turn off the Internet/Facebook and just sit and relax. Breathe in and out. Maybe even just leave Facebook. Just a time waster anyway!
5. Smile and laugh -that will help your blues. Watch a funny movie. My favorite funny movies are the Mr. Bean movies. They are just hilarious! So, find a fun movie and cuddle up with a loved one and have fun.
6. Take an online class! You can find all kinds of classes online to take - and not just ours. Perhaps you are not interested in being a doula, but want to learn about sewing. I am sure you can find that course somewhere!
7. Get good rest - now this is the time where you can take Melatonin for night time (as long as you are able to - some mamas need to check with doctor if pregnant or nursing).
One more thing - we are opening up our childbirth classes online soon and will have a launch party soon! So, look for that and get a special deal! Launch party will be at SP3RN.com the Real Catholic Social Media site. For Catholics only!
Juliana Larsen is the author of the Catholic Doula Blog.